04 december 2009

Mine of 09

We've reached the last month of the year, so why not look back?
The sixteen tracks on this compilation are probably the ones I listened the most to in 2009. I made a ranking of my ten favourite CDs (to be found on the right side of your screen too) and added some excellent albumtracks to complete the usual number of sixteen.
And it has become an eclectic list I must admit: metal (Diablo Swing Orchestra, Les Claypool), Bollywood (A.R. Rahman), chanson (Vaya con Dios, Melody Gardot)... but they all feel jazzy and funky.
Always be aware, the titles in this tracklisting are in random order, because I can't put one CD above the other. Nevertheless Fat Freddy's Drop, Kyteman and Chrisette Michele hardly ever left my CD player...

Of course you don't have to agree with my taste. You can tell me which tracks or albums are absolute inferior to you, and which ones I've overlooked. I even invite you to do so, and go to the comments. But if you happen to have the same taste as I do, please go to the poll and vote for your favourites.

Enjoy the music, and have a marvellous holiday season.

V.A. - Mine of 09 (a BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Under the bridge - Stanley Clarke Trio / 5:32 (Jazz in the Garden)
02. Il suffisait d'y croire - Vaya con Dios / 4:34 (Comme On Est Venu...)
03. Mrs. Bongo (Live) - Tosca / 5:31 (No Hassle)
04. Sorry (Live @ Tivoli) - Kyteman / 2:30 (The Hermit Sessions)
05. Your heart is as black as night - Melody Gardot / 2:43 (My One and Only Thrill)
06. Till tomorrow - Yello / 4:16 (Touch Yello)
07. Shiverman - Fat Freddy's Drop / 10:36 (Dr. Boondigga & The Big BW)
08. Kazoo - Les Claypool / 4:11 (Of Fungi And Foe)
09. Bright Mississippi - Allen Toussaint / 5:07 (The Bright Mississippi)
10. A tap dancer's dilemma - Diablo Swing Orchestra / 5:12 (Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious)
11. Jai Ho - A.R. Rahman & Sukhwinder Singh / 5:19 (O.S.T. 'Slumdog Millionaire')
12. The ills - Mayer Hawthorne / 2:49 (A Strange Arrangement)
13. Boom! It's on! - Soul Ballet / 3:03 (2019)
14. Porcelain doll - Chrisette Michele / 3:45 (Epiphany)
15. Electronic Germany - DJ Hell / 8:02 (Teufelswerk)
16. Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal and Armand van Helden / 2:59 (Tongue 'n cheeck)
h**p://flameupload.com/files/02BWEPJV/Mine_of_09.zip

If you click on the name of the artist, you'll be directed to the artist's page. I can not garantee though that all links are working...

A comment would be appreciated. So do share your thoughts!

For the 2008 Compilation click here: The Freight of 08
For the 2007 Compilation click here: The Sound of 07


My other weblogs:

  •  Every Picture tells a Story: drawings and sketches, with stories (in Dutch) about everyday matters
  •  Heart on my sleeve: about fictitious album sleeves. (Yes, fake CD covers!)
  • Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Een reactie posten

    << Home