24 december 2007

The sound of 07

The sixteen tracks on this compilation are probably the ones I listened to the most this year. I made a ranking of my ten favourite CDs and added some excellent albumtracks to get to sixteen. Note, the titles in this track listing are in random order, because I can't put one CD above the other, but Roger Cicero, Joss Stone and Chaka Kahn hardly ever left my CD player...

Are these ten albums the most influental CDs of 2007? No, they're not.
Are they gonna make a mark in pop history? I doubt it.
Are they something everyone should buy? I wouldn't say that...
So why do I like these songs, and why did I put them on a compilation?
Just because they make me feel good. That's all.

You don't have to agree. You can tell me which ones are absolute rubbish to you, and which ones are missing in my list, in your opinion. I even invite you to do so, and go to the comments.
But if you happen to have the same taste as I do, please go to the poll and vote for your favourites.

Enjoy the music, and have a marvellous holiday season.

V.A. - The sound of 07 (a BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Like You'll Never See Me Again - Alicia Keys / 5:15 (As I Am)
02. Bruised But Not Broken -
Joss Stone / 4:15 (Introducing...)
03. Hey Eugene! -
Pink Martini / 3:11 (Hey Eugene!)
04. How Long (Betcha' Got A Chick On The Side) -
Queen Latifah / 5:42 (Trav'lin' Light)
05. Ich Idiot liess dich geh'n -
Roger Cicero / 2:53 (Männersachen)
06. Twist you around -
Benny sings / 4:39 (At home)
07. Billy Brown -
Mika / 3:16 (Life In Cartoon Motion)
08. Maceo's House -
Poncho Sanchez / 5:49 (Raise Your Hand)
09. Funkyard Dog -
Spyro Gyra / 5:02 (Good to Go-Go)
10. Back In The Day -
Chaka Khan / 4:29 (Funk This)
11. Downtown -
Sweet Coffee / 3:41 (Naked City)
12. Toma Taboo -
Zap Mama / 4:52 (Supermoon)
13. Here comes that Day -
Siouxsie / 4:02 (Mantaray)
14. Valerie - Mark Ronson Ft. Amy Winehouse / 3:39 (Version)
15. I believe -
Simian Mobile Disco / 3:18 (Attack Decay Sustain Release)
16. Tenderoni -
Chromeo / 4:14 (Fancy Footwork)
h**p://sharebee.com/7ad19552

If you click on the name of the artist, you'll be directed to the artist's page. I can not garantee though that all links are working...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home