05 december 2008

The Freight of 08

It's the last month of the year, so why not look back?
The sixteen tracks on this compilation are probably the ones I listened the most to in 2008. I made a ranking of my ten favourite CDs (to be found on the right side of your screen too) and added some excellent albumtracks to reach the usual number of sixteen. Note, the titles in this tracklisting are in random order, because I can't put one CD above the other, but Brian Culbertson, Jamie Lidell and David Sanborn hardly ever left my CD player...

And off course you don't have to agree with my taste. You can tell me which ones are absolute rubbish to you, and which ones are missing in my list, according to you. I even invite you to do so, and go to the comments.
But if you happen to have the same taste as I do, please go to the poll and vote for your favourites.

Enjoy the music, and have a marvellous holiday season.

V.A. - The Freight of 08 (a BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Butterfly Belly - Monte la Rue / 4:54 (The End Of The Rainbow)
02. Chasing Pavements - Adele / 3:30 (19)
03. Stepping Stone - Duffy / 3:29 (Rockferry)
04. Idolize You - Lizz Wright / 4:54 (The Orchard)
05. Do for Love - Sabrina Starke / 3:31 (Yellow Brick Road)
06. It's Easier - Eli "Paperboy" Reed & The True Loves / 4:03 (Roll with You)
07. Strasbourg/St. Denis - The Roy Hargrove Quintet / 4:40 (Earfood)
08. Jeep Jazz (feat. Zoiea) - Bob Baldwin / 4:41 (New Urban Jazz.Com)
09. Figured Me Out - Jamie Lidell / 4:27 (Jim)
10. Stay Together - Giovanca / 3:27 (Subway Silence)
11. I Believe To My Soul (Feat. Joss Stone) - David Sanborn / 4:31 (Here & Gone)
12. Groove - Brian Culbertson / 4:42 (Bringing Back The Funk)
13. The story - The Matthew Herbert Big Band / 6:25 (There's me and there's you)
14. Lights And Music - Cut Copy / 4:37 (In Ghost Colours)
15. Chaos In The Streets - Tocadisco / 4:14 (Solo)
16. The Architect - dEUS / 3:56 (Vantage Point)
h**p://sharebee.com/5f3a497a

If you click on the name of the artist, you'll be directed to the artist's page. I can not garantee though that all links are working...

For the 2007 Compilation click here: The Sound of 07

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home