19 december 2008

The 4th Christmas Collection

I can not walk into a shopping mall these days without being terrorised by Wham, John Lennon, Bing Crosby or Band Aid. I am so fed up with these so-called Christmas classics.
And that's why I make my own compilations and listen to them. So get this 4th Christmas Compilation and join in.
But even when I play my own selection I should look out not to listen too often to (for instance:) the hilarious "Marley & Marley" by the Muppets, "The Christmas Song" by Sergio Mendes or "Lonely Christmas without you" by Mick Jagger & Joss Stone.
At this moment my favorite is the evergreen "Go Where I Send Thee" by the fabulous Joan Osborne.

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend.

V.A. - The 4th Christmas Collection (a BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Christmas Time Is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio /2:45
02. Winter Wonderland - Peggy Lee /1:56
03. Brighten the Corner (Where You Are) - Ella Fitzgerald & the Ralph Carmichael Orchestra /2:35
04. Christmas Vacation - Mavis Staples /3:21
05. I Don't Intend To Spend Christmas Without You - Claudine Longet /2:45
06. HoHoHo and a bottle of Rum - Jimmy Buffett /4:12
07. Louisiana Christmas Day - Aaron Neville /3:40
08. Marley and Marley - Statler and Waldorf (The Muppets) /3:12
09. I'm Christmassing With You - Patti La Belle /3:41
10. Ringing the Bells of Christmas - Larry Carlton /4:42
11. Snowbound - Fourplay /5:03
12. December Makes Me Feel This Way - Dave Koz /3:41
13. Funky Christmas - The Whispers /4:11
14. I Think It Was December - Wendy & Lisa /4:50
15. Merry Christmas Baby - Bonnie Raitt & Charles Brown /4:32
16. Go Where I Send Thee - Joan Osborne /3:42
h**p://sharebee.com/46a2ac8e

...previous Xmas Compilations:
The Christmas Collection, vol.1
The Christmas Collection, vol.2
The Christmas Collection, vol.3

...a comment would be appreciated. And if you share your thoughts with me, more compilations might follow.

And do drop in at Every picture tells a story once in a while...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home