12 oktober 2007

The 22nd Compilation: Let me in

My favorite tracks on this compilation are "Love Has Come Around", a jazzy and funky cosmic groove song by Donald Byrd, and "Inherit The Wind" by Wilton Felder, the founding member of the (Jazz) Crusaders.
The Dutch track "Let me in" by Benny Sings features also on probably the best album of the year ("Benny ...at home"). The Belgian contribution is not what I would call an intellectual challenging song, but it's good fun, it brings back a lot of memories and it makes me happy. And on top of that it introduced me to the music of Jorge Ben , when I was a child. From there on I discovered people like Gilberto Gil, Djavan, Margareth Menezes, Tania Maria and Olodum...

Enjoy the music and have a nice weekend.

V.A. - Let me in (The 22nd BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Mo' Better Blues - Wynton Marsalis Trio / 3:40
02. Nothing Serious - Roy Hargrove / 3:58
03. Headache - Stan Getz & Lionel Hampton / 5:06
04. In The Back Of The Car - Emo / 3:51
05. Super Duper Love - Joss Stone / 4:22
06. Love Has Come Around - Donald Byrd and 125th Street NYC / 7:53
07. Looking Up To You - Michael Wycoff / 5:16
08. Inherit The Wind - Wilton Felder / 6:54
09. Surrender - Dave Koz / 4:42
10. Let Me In - Benny Sings / 3:46
11. Colors of the Wind - Vanessa Williams / 4:20
12. Take Good Care Of Me - Jonathan Butler / 4:31
13. Alegria Contida - Trio Mocoto / 3:57
14. Smooth Operator - Senor Coconut / 3:59
15. Disco samba - Two Man Sound / 7:00
16. La Vida es un Carnaval - Celia Cruz / 3:22
h**p://www.flameupload.com/files/HUI1LCWI/BoBW_comp_22.rar

...and if you tell me in a comment what you think about it, more jazz funk compilations might follow.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At woensdag, 30 juni, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

deze cd kan niet gedownload worden
de links werken niet

het is wel een geweldige serie

is het mogelijk te reuploaden
danke

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home