28 september 2007

The 20th Compilation (a reprise)

This weeks collection is a kind of special edition.

Because it's the 20th sampler, I only bring you artists who've appeared on previous compilations (Maybe even with the same song. But I don't care to look that up, because I really like ALL the performers on this compilation).
So you could call it a reprise...
Like all entries on my blog, this too is a example of my musical taste. Therefor I included Lisa Stansfield, Chic, Shakatak and Roger Cicero. But I kept in consideration what your favorites are as well (like India Arie, Serge Gainsbourg, Herbie Hancock and George Benson).

This weeks Belgian artist is Eva de Roovere with the utterly sweet "Zonde van de tijd". The track by Hollands top sax player Candy Dulfer is called "Saxuality". Doesn't need further explanaition, I reckon...

Once again: enjoy the music and have a nice weekend.

V.A. - Best of ...Both Worlds (the 20th jazz funk compilation)
01. Ready for Love - India Arie / 4:30
02. And what if I don't - Herbie Hancock / 6:35
03. It's all in the game - George Benson / 3:53
04. Zieh' die Schuh' aus - Roger Cicero / 3:18
05. Eggplant - Michael Franks / 3:37
06. Zonde van de tijd - Eva de Roovere / 2:55
07. Couleur Cafe - Serge Gainsbourg / 2:09
08. We've got the Mood (Matt's Mood '90) - Matt Bianco / 5:48
09. Yatra-Ta - Tania Maria / 4:25
10. M.W.A (Musicians with Attitude) - David Benoit / 4:37
11. Day by Day - Shakatak (with Al Jarreau) / 3:54
12. Real People - Chic / 5:23
13. Mighty Love - Lisa Stansfield / 5:13
14. Saxuality - Candy Dulfer / 4:27
15. Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder / 3:07
16. Let's go round again - Average White Band / 5:27
h**p://sharebee.com/d70338ab

...I'ld like you to tell me in a comment what YOU would prefer. If you do, more jazz funk compilations may follow...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home