18 december 2009

The 6th Christmas Collection

...and there's another one! A hot one. Already the sixth Christmas compilation.
Let me know which BoBW Xmas sampler, or which song, your favorite is. I'm very enchanted by "Hot Christmas" (Squirrel Nut Zippers). But I can listen to "Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis" (Tom Waits) and "Funky funky Christmas" (Electric Jungle) over and over again.
Although "Vrede" by the Dutch Ruth Jacott is not a Xmas song in the true sense, it talks about peace, just like the songs by Norah Jones ("Peace") and The Pasadenas ("Give a little peace") do.
And I can't help smiling when I hear "Frosty the snowman" by Dr. John & Leon Redbone. I don't know why but I like this version a lot.

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend.

V.A. - The 6th Christmas Collection (a BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits / 4:33
02. Peace - Norah Jones / 3:51
03. River (ft. Corinne Bailey Rae) - Herbie Hancock / 5:27
04. Those soulful jingle bells - Mark Whitfield / 4:31
05. Happy Christmas - The Toasters / 2:37
06. C'est pas Noel - Lou and the Hollywood Bananas / 2:57
07. Christmas in Southgate - Ry Cooder / 3:27
08. Frosty the snowman - Dr. John & Leon Redbone / 1:56
09. Santa Claus go straight to the ghetto - Belle and Sebastian / 3:27
10. I want Elvis for Christmas - Eddie Cochran / 1:58
11. Hot Christmas - Squirrel Nut Zippers / 2:35
12. Vrede - Ruth Jacott / 3:25
13. Give a little peace - The Pasadenas / 4:22
14. Funky funky Christmas - Electric Jungle / 3:07
15. Be with you - Bootsy Collins / 6:12
16. A new Xmas (ft. Uncle Chucc) - Snoop Dogg / 3:21
h**p://flameupload.com/files/1GGKPAVA/BoBW_Xmas_Comp_6.zip

...previous Xmas Compilations:
The Christmas Collection, vol.1
The Christmas Collection, vol.2
The Christmas Collection, vol.3
The Christmas Collection, vol.4
The Christmas Collection, vol.5


A comment would be appreciated. So please do share your thoughts with me...

And did you ever visit my other weblogs?
  • Have you ever seen my sketches? Tell me what you think about my drawings, at Every Picture tells a Story.
  • And what about my latest blog? It's about fictitious album sleeves.
    (Yes, fake CD covers!)
    Give it a try at
    Heart on my sleeve.
  • Labels: , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Een reactie posten

    << Home