22 oktober 2010

The 61st BoBW jazz funk compilation

When I started making this kind of comps I decided always to include a Belgian song and a Dutch one. Berget Lewis has probably one of the best voices of Holland, but she never managed to break through to a bigger audience.
The Belgian track is what I consider to be the best song ever made in Belgium (some Belgians will immediately declare me insane right now, I guess). It's got a wonderfull and haunting melody, a distinct and strong voice and very sarcastic lyrics. "Dag vreemde man" ("Bye stranger") by the late Ann Christy could've become an international hit if it had been promoted in the right way, because there is a ressemblance with Cilla black or even Dusty Springfield.

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...

V.A. - Music in my mind (The 61st BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Pure D. Funk - Donald Byrd / 6:11
02. Sally - Carmel / 3:50
03. Never forget you - Noissettes / 3:11
04. All the Times I Cried - Sharleen Spiteri / 3:20
05. Bust your Windows (from "Glee") - Amber Riley / 4:20
06. Dag vreemde man - Ann Christy / 2:51
07. Dead and Lovely - Southside Johny & LaBamba's Big Band / 6:53
08. Straussmania - Julian Joseph / 4:49
09. Music in my Mind - Lindstrøm & Christabelle / 3:19
10. Mr. Manic and Sister Cool (Cool 12' Mix) - Shakatak / 6:14
11. Beat Street - David Benoit / 4:14
12. I'd like to teach the World - Berget Lewis / 3:29
13. Celebrate the World - Womack & Womack / 3:43
14. Everybody Everybody (12' version) - Black Box / 5:25
15. Ooh to be Ah - Kajagoogoo / 3:37
16. I.O.U. - Freeez / 8:45
h**p://www.flameupload.com/files/1WPGAQPH/BoBW_Comp_61.zip

Share your feelings and thoughts. They will be appreciated.

My other weblogs:
Every Picture tells a Story: drawings and sketches, with stories (in Dutch) about everyday matters
Heart on my sleeve: fictitious album sleeves. (Yes indeed, fake CD covers!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At zondag, 24 oktober, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

like you're kind of music, for al long time now, thnx for all of it, azrael

 
At zondag, 24 oktober, 2010, Anonymous Chrysant said...

Ah, lekker! "Sally" van Carmel ... thnx! (en voor de rest natuurlijk ;-))

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home