24 september 2010

I Wanna Thank You !

Don't anybody tell me there is no such thing as coincidence...

On september 27th this blog will exist five years. That is next week. The first blog message was about the Belgian band dEUS. And since I posted that you kept visiting. Within that five years I reached the number of 5 million pageviews (by coincidence next week too!). That is disturbingly huge...
Although I realise the number of visitors has steadily been going down. (It's only one fourth of what it used to be.) The best day ever was april 4th 2006, with 8.471 pageviews! The absolute worst day was somewhere in the beginning of august 2010 with only 790 pageviews...
Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the popularity of blogs in general has diminished too. But as long as my enthousiasm is still there, I will go on.

I did have a short break in january 2007 and as a kind of a Thank You for not letting me down, I made my first compilation. I haven't stopped making them since then...
And now there is another Thank You compilation. Let the titles of the tracks speak for themselves.
Enjoy the music. And do have a nice weekend.

V.A. - I wanna thank you (A BoBW Compilation)
01. Cool Piano Jazz - Oscar Peterson / 3:31
02. Cool Of The Night - Joyce Cooling / 5:08
03. Tower Of Inspiration - Dave Weckl / 3:59
04. Right On - Clarence Wheeler & The Enforce / 4:43
06. Funk-4-U-Nity - U-Nam / 4:42
07. Feel It - Freedom Or Not / 4:41
08. Wake up - Hooverphonic / 3:25
09. I Wanna Thank You - Maze / 5:13
10. Funkin' Marvelous Jazz/Funk Medley - Mezzoforte / 4:31
11. Thank You - Jay-Z / 4:10
12. Kom dan maar bij mij - Re-play / 3:57
13. Don't You Get So Mad - Jeffrey Osborne / 3:49
14. We Got The Funk - Positive Force / 5:38
15. You gave me love - Crown Heights Affair / 3:34
16. Thank You - The Slackers / 2:46
h**p://www.flameupload.com/files/EGG2TVNL/BoBW_Comp_ThankYou.zip

Tell me what you think about this comp, or about the whole blog. Your comment will be appreciated.

My other weblogs:
Heart on my sleeve: fictitious album sleeves. (Yes indeed, fake CD covers!)
Every Picture tells a Story: sketches, with stories about everyday matters

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous bdot said...

congratulations!!

happy birthday!

 
At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

This blog has opened my ears a lot. Thank you for keeping up:-) a fan form Czech

 
At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Congratulations from Dublin. Thank you for consitently feeding the ears of this hungry Irishman. Martin

 
At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Congrats - great site and some wonderful finds and shares. One of my favorite sites.

 
At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous K said...

many thanks for all you do :-)

You are probably the only feed in my reader still from back then

 
At vrijdag, 24 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

so, Happy birthday !

... and still many thanks for your work

Olivier

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Happy bday Arnel Mijn wekelijkse portie muziek die elders moeilijk(er) te vinden is :-) Keep up the good work !!

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Dankjewel voor al die mooie dingen... Hopelijk doe je er nog eens 5jaar bij!!! Happy B!

Jo

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Koertov said...

Heb hier veel pareltjes gevonden !

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Gefeliciteerd en enorm bedankt. Je hebt een goudmijntje gemaakt.
Ron

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

I really enjoy your posts and listening to artists I would never had the pleasure to know without you. However, my wallet is a bit thinner since I do purchase music of artists that I have discovered here. Thanks!

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous donald partick said...

happy birthday!

 
At zaterdag, 25 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Happy birthday and thanks a lot for all the music I discovered with your compilations in these years! Keep up this excellent work!
Alberto, from Venice

 
At zondag, 26 september, 2010, Blogger Choc said...

Happy birthday and thank you for this nice blog which make us more aware of various music & new trends. By the way I really enjoy your MIX !
Philippe, from Toulon

 
At zondag, 26 september, 2010, Anonymous José said...

Congrats. This is a great site which has introduced me and my friends to many new bands and artists. Thx!

Keep up your great work!

 
At maandag, 27 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Hulde en roem.

Gr Nutje

 
At maandag, 27 september, 2010, Anonymous drfeelgoed said...

Knap werk, dank voor al je posts.

 
At maandag, 27 september, 2010, Anonymous tom said...

visit your blog every day... de enige die het al die jaren volhoudt, de enige die me al die jaren bleef boeien...thx en happy birthday

 
At dinsdag, 28 september, 2010, Blogger a r n e l said...

Thanks a lot!

 
At woensdag, 29 september, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

Bij mij is track 10 een bestand 0kb

 
At woensdag, 29 september, 2010, Blogger CooperTrooper said...

I tend to use an RSS reader in Google without having to actually come to your site (unless I read to "read more".
Great site ...always "one to watch"!

 
At donderdag, 21 oktober, 2010, Anonymous Chrysant said...

Congrats! Een beetje laat, edoch ... ;-)
Gewoon doorgaan!

 
At zondag, 24 oktober, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

The whole world says> THANK YOU for sharing good music!

Abraços do Brasil
=D

(DJ FATUMBI)

 
At zondag, 24 oktober, 2010, Anonymous Anoniem said...

10 jaar en een maandje... wat laat maar ben een groot fan van deze site, dus: Van harte!!

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home