30 april 2010

The 58th BoBW jazz funk compilation

Although Bobby McFerrin and Solomon Burke have a new album out, the songs featured here are older ones. My personal favourites on this compilation are 'Let 'Em In' by Billy Paul and 'Turn on, tune in, cop out' by Freak Power. But I'm very fond of 'Getaway' by Earth, Wind & Fire and 'Whodini' by Magic's Wand too. (Brings back memories.)

The Dutch song is by Boris ('Within My Hand') and the Belgian one is a very strong and energetic industrial dance track by the legendary Front 242 ('Headhunter').

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...

V.A. - Turn on, tune in (The 58th BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. The Cosby Show Theme Song - Bobby McFerrin / 0:58
02. Whatever Lola Wants - Ella Fitzgerald / 2:35
03. Follow My Riddim - The Maxwell Implosion / 4:57
04. Got To Get You Off My Mind - Solomon Burke / 1:55
05. Come See About Me - Martha Reeves and the Vandellas / 2:46
06. If I Could Build My Whole World Around You - Marc Broussard / 2:18
07. Let 'Em In - Billy Paul / 3:33
08. Turn on, tune in, cop out - Freak Power / 4:19
09. Music Makes You Feel Like Dancing - Brass Construction / 6:29
10. Gimme The Funk - Charades / 5:01
11. Getaway - Earth, Wind & Fire / 3:45
12. Within My Hand - Boris / 3:32
13. I Bit Off More Than I Could Chew - Suzi Quatro / 3:47
14. Big bubbles no troubles - Ellis Beggs and Howard / 3:30
15. Whodini - Magic's Wand / 5:39
16. Headhunter [Version 3.0] - Front 242 / 4:45
h**p://www.flameupload.com/files/1VPXIGI3/BoBW_Comp_58.zip

...Haloscan decided to stop their service, but that should not keep you from commenting. Share your feelings and thoughts. They will be appreciated.

My other weblogs:
  • Every Picture tells a Story: drawings and sketches, with stories (in Dutch) about everyday matters
  • Heart on my sleeve:  fictitious album sleeves. (Yes indeed, fake CD covers!)
  • Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Een reactie posten

    << Home