11 september 2009

The 52nd BoBW jazz funk compilation

I agree there's a lot of smooth jazz on this compilation: Herbie Mann, Sadao Watanabe, Jeff Linsky... But there's quiet a lot of uptempo music too: Dennis Coffey, Skyy, Mother's Finest and Larry Graham... So actually, that's business as usual. I just try to do my best to bring you an appealing mix of slow and uptempo, old and new, American and European... And there's always a Dutch and a Belgian song. I'm particularly fond of that Dutch bossa/rap song "Als Zij Langsloopt" (When she walks by") by Flinke Namen.

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...

V.A. - Gimme that funk (The 52nd BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Prism - Buster Williams / 7:18
02. All The Things You Are - Grant Green / 3:17
03. Road Song - Pat Martino / 5:42
04. Memphis Underground - Herbie Mann / 7:08
05. California Shower - Sadao Watanabe / 5:34
06. Samba Cruz - Jeff Linsky / 5:53
07. Cheating in the next room - Tyrone Davis / 3:36
08. Forever And A Day - Terri Walker / 5:20
09. Story Of Us - Sandrine 3:34
10. Rely On Me (Mig's Original) - Petalpusher 6:27
11. Als Zij Langsloopt - Flinke Namen 3:41
12. Brother's Gonna Work It Out - Willie Hutch / 4:46
13. Gimme That Funk - Dennis Coffey / 4:54
14. Call Me (Extended Mix) - Skyy / 6:24
15. Baby Love - Mother's Finest / 4:20
16. Now Do-U-Wanta Dance - Larry Graham & Graham Central Station / 3:23
h**p://sharebee.com/a56ddec2

And did you ever visit my other weblogs?
  • Have you ever seen my sketches? Tell me what you think about my drawings, at Every Picture tells a Story.
  • And what about my newest blog? It's about fictitious album sleeves.
    (Yes, fake CD covers!)
    Give it a try at
    Heart on my sleeve.

    ...a comment would be appreciated. Do share your thoughts!
  • Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Een reactie posten

    << Home