17 april 2009

The 48th BoBW jazz funk compilation

First of all I got to thank the dude at Any Major Dude with Half a Heart, who came up with the song "I want you to want me" by The Holmes Brothers. It became one of my all time favorite covers in an instant. Let me discribe it as three Marvin Gayes rebuilding a funny play on words to a heartbreaking song. Drenched in drama but with an undertone of hope and positivity. A classic! One of those songs one should know!
My other favorites on this 48th BoBW compilation are without any doubt "Yum-Yum" (by the unbeatable Nile Rodgers) and "Let's Clean up the Ghetto" by the Philadelphia International All Stars.
The Belgian track is "I Want You Back" by Natalia, and Holland is represented by two sisters by the name of Lois Lane, with "It's the First Time".

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...

V.A. - Yum Yum (The 48th BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. I want you to want me - The Holmes Brothers / 6:04
02. Come In From The Cold - Marc Broussard / 3:50 > video
03. When Judy Falls - Silje Nergaard / 6:00
04. Southern Smiles - Keith Jarrett / 7:40
05. It's The First Time - Lois Lane / 4:01 > video
06. Lost Without You - Robin Thicke / 4:14 > video
07. Now 'Til Forever - Kirk Whalum / 4:36
08. I Want You Back - Natalia / 4:04 > video
09. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything) - Donny Hathaway / 3:28
10. Heaven Sent You - Stanley Clarke / 5:57
11. Let Your Heart Be Free - Jazzanova / 7:55
12. Let's Clean up the Ghetto - Philadelphia International All Stars / 8:37
13. She Can't Love You - Chemise / 5:03
14. Dial My Number - Pauli Carmen / 4:29 > video
15. Yum-Yum (12'' Version) - Nile Rodgers / 6:59
16. The Dance Electric - Andre Cymone / 5:27 > video
h**p://sharebee.com/1f79c851

And did you ever visit my other weblogs?
  • Have you ever seen my sketches? Tell me what you think about my drawings, at Every Picture tells a Story.
  • And what about my NEW blog? It's about fictitious album sleeves.
    (Yes, fake CD covers!)
    Give it a try at
    Heart on my sleeve.

    ...a comment would be appreciated. Do share your thoughts!
  • Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Een reactie posten

    << Home