13 maart 2009

The 3rd Best of World, another ethnic BoBW compilation

What exactly is world music, I ask myself. Songs from my own country may not be foreign or ethnic to me, but they may be to you. And music from the other side of the world is probably very exotic to Europeans, but what if you live in that corner of the world?

So here are sixteen songs from all over the world. One of them is Dutch but sounds meditterranean ("Bossa Dorado" by The Rosenberg Trio), and one is Belgian but sounds oriental ("Louxor In Vegas" by Dan Lacksman).
My favorites are "Nahin Jeena" by Rishi Rich (sounds Indian but is British) and "Arash" by Arash (sounds as from the Middle East but is Swedish).
Do pay special attention to "Coumba" by the Senegalese Orchestre Baobab and "Le Défi" by the Algerian Djur Djura...

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...

V.A. - Best of ...World, vol. 3 (An ethnic BoBW compilation)
01. Bossa Dorado - The Rosenberg Trio (The Netherlands) / 2:40
02. Una Musica Brutal - Gotan Project (France) / 4:11
03. Waltz from "Masquerade" - Taraf de Haidouks (Roumania) / 3:34
04. Coumba - Orchestre Baobab (Senegal) / 7:40
05. Panini Pua Kea - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Hawaii) / 3:07
06. Afro Blue - Mongo Santamaría (Cuba) / 3:57
07. Bat Macumba - Gilberto Gil (Brasil) 2:33
08. The Lion/Gaiende - Youssou N'Dour (Senegal) / 5:34
09. Promised Land - Majek Fashek (Nigeria) / 7:27
10. Jimmy - M.I.A. (Sri Lanka / United Kingdom) / 3:29
11. Ah Bi Mazagi - Diana Karazon (Kuwait) / 4:16
12. Arash (Ft. Helena) - Arash (Iran / Sweden) / 3:58
13. Achal Im Di Nan Sver (Le Défi) - Djur Djura (Algeria / France) / 3:58
14. Nahin Jeena (Remix) - Rishi Rich (United Kingdom) / 3:36
15. Louxor In Vegas - Dan Lacksman's Alliance (Belgium) / 4:04
16. Opa Opa - Despina Vandi (Germany / Greece) / 3:50
h**p://sharebee.com/cb9654d4


Previous World Compilations
Ethnic Compilation, vol.1
Ethnic Compilation, vol.2


And did you ever visit my other weblogs?
  • Have you ever seen my sketches? Tell me what you think about my drawings, at Every Picture tells a Story.
  • You didn't see my NEW blog, did you? It's about fictitious album sleeves.
    (Yes, fake CD covers!)
    Give it a try at
    Heart on my sleeve.

    ...a comment would be appreciated. Do share your thoughts!
  • Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:

    At donderdag, 10 april, 2014, Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey There.
    have a peek at these guys
    I discovered your weblog the use of msn. That is a really neatly written article.have a peek at this site I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful info. great post to read Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.great site

     

    Een reactie posten

    << Home