The 45th BoBW jazz funk compilationAs long as I've been making the BoBW compilations, I followed my own made rule to include a Belgian and a Dutch track. And that is not always easy. Believe me.
This week they're from the eighties. That means: embarrasing to see. So don't (I repeat: do not) look at this clip from the Belgian New Beat project The Confetti's. Their song "The Sound Of C" was (and still is) a European dance classic, but their styling from that era is hilarious. Rather ridiculous.
And the Dutch band Centerfold (named after the middle pages of a male magazine) is even worse. Their lead singer was the elegant and tastefull jazz singer Laura Fygi, and in that days she used to wear... well, hardly anything (but you don't want to see that , do you?)
This weeks favorites are "Funk The Dumb Stuff" by Tower Of Power, and "Let the Beat Hit' Em" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam.
Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend...
V.A. - Turn on, Tune in (The 45th BoBW jazz funk compilation)
01. Amsterdam - Brad Mehldau / 3:38
02. Bags' Groove - Ron Carter / 3:42
03. Slippin' and Slidin' - Yusef Lateef / 3:26
04. 1st Born Ugly - Brand X / 8:14
05. Funk The Dumb Stuff - Tower Of Power / 5:28
06. Do It For Love - The Brothers Johnson / 3:38
07. Turn on, Tune in, Cop Out [Radio Mix] - Freak Power / 4:16
08. Love Games - Level 42 / 4:27
09. Birdland - Weather Report / 5:59
10. Trust Me - Guru / 4:26
11. End of the World Party - Medeski, Martin & Wood / 5:10
12. Dictator - Centerfold / 3:28
13. Let the Beat Hit' Em (12" Version) - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam / 4:38
14. The Sound Of C - The Confetti's / 3:30
15. Limewire - Étienne de Crécy / 5:51
16. No Stress (Radio Edit) - Laurent Wolf Feat. Eric Carter / 3:21
...a comment would be appreciated. Share your thoughts with me.
...and do have a look at Every picture tells a story...