01 juni 2007

The 15th compilation

If you're not Belgian you probably won't know the first song on this 15th compilation. And if you don't speak Dutch you won't understand it either. It is about packing your belongings (like books and records) in boxes, and about stumblimg down the stairs to load everything in a removal truck. It's a story about leaving the beautiful city of Brussels, and looking back on ten years of your life... This song moves me because I recognize a lot. "Tien jaar" is almost biographical to me. It's a song that gives me goosebumps. Listen to it.
The Dutch entry is trumpet player Saskia Laroo, with the powerful "Spin".

Enjoy the music, and have a nice weekend..

V.A. - Best of ...Both Worlds (the 15th jazz funk compilation)
01. Tien jaar (live) - Johan Verminnen / 4:50
02. Happy Phantom - Tori Amos / 3:15
03. Monticello - Monti Alexander / 3:53
04. Spin - Saskia Laroo / 5:34
05. Eight counts for Rita - Jimmy Smith / 5:21
06. Blue eyed soul - Till Bršnner / 4:01
07. Chok-A-Blok Avenue - Barrio Jazz Gang / 5:25
08. Make my day - Waldeck (ft. Joy Malcolm) / 3:02
09. You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse / 4:17
10. If Loving You Is Wrong (I don't Wanna Be Right) - Isaac Hayes / 4:47
11. Coming From Where I'm From - Anthony Hamilton / 4:01
12. Why Can't We Live Together - Timmy Thomas / 4:00
13. I Know You Got Soul - Eric B And Rakim / 4:44
14. Show Me Tha Money - Petey Pablo / 3:44
15. Bad For Me - Dee Dee Bridgewater / 8:35
16. Check Out The Groove - Bobby Thurston / 7:27
h**p://sharebee.com/d770de7d

...and if you tell me in a comment what you think about it, more jazz funk compilations might follow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home